"This is a super healthy recipe that you do not have to feel guilty about eating, yet it tastes like you should!"- Kendra Sauter
I originally started searching for a healthy light snack I could substitute my Mayo/Miracle Whip (not as gross as it sounds) guilty pleasure for then I stumbled upon baba!
Now if you've heard of traditional Baba Ganoush recipes you know that they require you to have a BBQ or some sort of source for open fire, which not all of us may have access to. This Recipe caters to those of us who still want to stick to the traditional Baba Ganoush but have only an over to work with (Set in broil).
I personally also went ahead and modified some of the ingrediants to suit my particular tastes. You shold do the same if you are kitchen savvy, if not sticking to this recipe will ensure a delicious, guilt free snack! Original recipe can be found at: http://minimalistbaker.com/simplebabaganoush/
Fun Fact:Baba Ganoush is an Arabic term means "pampered papa" or "coy daddy",
perhaps with reference to a member of a royal harem. Wikipedia
• 1 medium or 3/4 of a large eggplant
• 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely minced
• 23 Tbsp Lemon Juice
• 2 Tbsp Tahini
• sea salt
• Optional: 2 Tbsp cilantro, parsley or basil, fresh or dried.
• olive oil
1. Preheat oven to high broil (or medium if you have the ability) and position a rack at
the top of the oven.
2. Slice your eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds. Prepare your baking sheet by brushing it
with olive oil. Arrange rounds and brush them with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
Roast for 5 minutes on each side or until the eggplant is softened and golden brown.
Remove from oven, stack and wrap the rounds in foil to lock in moisture – wait 5
3. Peel away most of the skin of the eggplant and add flesh to a food processor. The
skin should come off easy.
4. Add lemon juice, garlic, tahini, a pinch of salt and blend until creamy. Add herbs
last if using fresh and pulse to mix it in. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
5. I prefer to make it the night before so the flavors have a chance to come together. I
found that it lasts in the fridge for about a week and the longer it sits the better it
Super delicious and a must try... even if your not trying to eat healthy, lol.